Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Belated Post!

So I originally was going to do this post around first of the year- not a month and five days later. Eh, well. Things come up.

So with the start of the year, I am noticing/changing a few things. I've never been into the whole 'New Years Resolution" thing much, (I've always said New Years Resolutions are just another thing to be broken throughout the year, because cm'on, who actually can go until the December 31st and keep it up??) but I've decided to give it a try this year. My resolution for 2008 is to keep this sucker up with the interesting things that I've noticed, epiphanies that I've had, and things I've learned. Might as well, right? I really can't think of anything better to use this space for!


So here's what I've go so far: (and this hit more around the first of the year) it's always nice to surround yourself with people you know you're comfortable around. Well, duh! Right?? This has all been reestablished for me after ski trip, and again after Kevin's weekend a few weeks ago, and of course here and there throughout the weeks. I've known for a while that I'm friends with some pretty kick ass people, but lately, it's almost been overwhelming. I haven't been this happy and drama free in a LONG time. It's refreshing, actually. Every time we get together, whether it;'s just 5 or 6 of us for lunch, or 25 for Kevin's homecoming ;) I know that it's going to be a freaking blast, and I will leave with sore abs from laughing so hard. Classes this semester are equally as hard as last semester, but it's nice to be able to set that aside and be able to hang out with real, down to earth people. And for those of you from MacTown *coughJORDANcough*, you haven't been replaced, you've just been added on to. Besides, you know you want to transfer to A&M... it's WAY better than UNT anyway! ;) It looks like I have found my niche in Aggieland. :)
I've also met a few people this semester from classes, and just randomly around campus. There's one thing I like about A&M. You can be anywhere on campus and have a single conversation with someone, introduce yourself, and a few hours later, wind up friends on Facebook! The campus is huge, and yet, it seems like everyone knows everyone. In the words on Walter, "I LOOOVEEE IT HEEEERRRRE!!"

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Yay for updating! Sounds like a good resolution, and you've got an awesome bunch of friends with you!

Jordan said...

i never thought i was replaced! i am irreplaceable :D

and as fantastic as A&M is, I probably fit in better at my little liberal arts school surrounded by free spirited people who dance naked in their dorm rooms :D

But i do miss you!