Friday, October 3, 2008

Turn it Around.

Alrighty, folks. It's time for another update.
The past few weeks have been tough... but this past one has been amazing. Lemme fill ya in. ;)

I was sick for a couple weeks. I've been on a brand of medication and have had some annoying side-effects to it. I was expected to feel a little sick for a few days, but it turned out to be more like two weeks. *_* I missed a whole bunch of school. Not good. I fell way behind in all of my classes and found myself not just trying to keep up, but catch up. Hard work. I stopped taking all the medication and began to feel better so I could keep working on school. It was very difficult and I kept finding myself being very unmotivated, simply because I was already so far behind... and the semester had just begun.
Jonathan came to visit me for a week, and that was wonderful. He made me keep working at school, even thought I was ready to give up... again. And, having him here again, I was able to feel much more at ease with everything. It's simple. When he's here, I don't stress out like I do otherwise. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with him. It felt like he never left. I missed him so much, and I was sooo glad to have him back for a while. :)
SO! After he left, I had a thought. ...again. (haha) I don't want to sit on the couch stressing about school and life, and friends, and such anymore. That, my friends, is lame. After Jonathan went back to Roma, I spent a few days trying to catch up on school, and then I went out job searching. I figure when I'm busy and have a packed schedule, I'm more focused and serious about school and my priorities. I ran into a friend of mine while job searching and she told me about a position at her work. Long story short, I've been e-mailing her employer, and I start work on Monday. I turned it around. :)
Last week I did nothing but school work. I caught up in Biology, History and Spanish. I just have a few more assignments and Chemistry is taken care of too. Last week was the best week (besides the week when I had Jonathan back, haha) that I've had in a long time. And here's why:
I stopped being pathetic. I got up and made a change. I was tired of sitting around and worrying. I knew that if I made a change and got a job it would help me organize my priorities. With a single step in the right direction, I automatically felt better. I wanted to keep going. Coming home to the apartment and working on homework wasn't the most entertaining thing to do, but all of a sudden I liked it. I liked the feeling of being productive. Every day I was happy simply because I was getting things done that needed to be done for a while. I turned it around.
This week I went out to lunch with my brother... and I did last week too. We decided to make it a dinner date, once a week. I have my big brother back. :) I talked to him about things that we never have before, and even though we still have our differences about some things, I felt like through it all, we were still getting closer. I have my brother back, and I have my friend back, and I couldn't be happier. We turned it around.
So right now, life is really great. It could be better of course... ya know, with grades and such. But when I sit down and think about it, I think of all the ways God has blessed me this past week. I got a job. I'm catching up on school. I've talked to my mom nearly every day and I can feel her love and support. My brother and I are doing SO much better than we were a month ago, and it is the best feeling to have. Jonathan and I are getting closer and closer everyday, and I am so lucky to have him in my life... supporting me, caring for me and encouraging me everyday. This week has been fantastic. Not to mention, Tara is in for the weekend, and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her again. I've missed her too. Yeah, it's been great. Thanks God. :)

No comments: